Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chandelier Pre-DIY

This is just a Pre-DIY because I’m still brainstorming!
So I have this chandelier. Its ugly, and I’m not sure if it even works… But I can’t bring myself to throw it away!
So I googled some stuff and I came up with 2 Chandelier Repurpose DIY options.
Option 1: Fireplace Chandelier.
I got this idea from an interior decorator friend of mine. Shout out to Laura Bryant Designs! Basically, just plop that newly spray painted chandelier into the fireplace, especially during the summer months when you won’t be having any fires. While I love this idea, I need to measure first. I don’t think our fireplace is that big or if the fixture can balance on its bottom. Unfortunately, google had only one example to offer and I’m not sure how I feel about it…

Option 2: Plant Chandelier
Chop of the ‘light candles’ and liquid nail some pots on that sucker. Spray paint. Hang on the porch. Either plant some herbs, flowers, or stick some fake flowers in those pots and viola! Google had these examples to offer:

Do you have any other ideas?? I’m looking for cheap and not too girly (boyfriend doesn’t like too girly).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...