Once we’re married, M.E. will have about 2 more years before he’s done with school and an FSU Alumni! Until then we are staying in the townhome his parent’s own to save money/we can’t afford to live anywhere else.
think know I’ve said this before: before I moved in, this house was a serious bachelor pad. He was happy with the way things were in there, good enough for a man and his dog. But M.E. has been pretty supportive lenient with my cleaning/decorating various parts of the house; although, in my opinion we’ve still got a LONG way to go.
I’ve got lists upon lists of what I would like to get done…
List #1 – the ASAP NEEDS TO GET DONE YESTERDAY List
- Roof (serious leaks and creatures living up in there… it can be terrifying sometimes, I’m not joking)
- Downstairs bathroom (because we are too embarrassed to let anyone in there)
- Stairs (the house is a townhome on stilts and the outside wooden stairs need to be replaced before one of us falls through)
- Clean out “carport”/under the house – aka haul away all the crap
List #2 – the Make-things-more-aesthetically-pleasing List
- Paint the exterior (I've been watching too many episodes of HGTV's Curb Appeal)
- Wood/laminate flooring in the living/dining area
- Re-paint the kitchen cabinets (for the 2nd time, the 1st time I surprised M.E. when he was out of town… his first taste of my decorating invasion... But it wasn't perfect so I'm gonna do it again!)
- Paint the living/dining area from tan to a light gray (because according to Pintereset, gray is the new tan for walls)
I’m still holding out hope though… Maybe some pictures will convince him…
|Our home now|
|Our fireplace to be?!|