Thursday, April 11, 2013

Deams of House Projects

Once we’re married, M.E. will have about 2 more years before he’s done with school and an FSU Alumni! Until then we are staying in the townhome his parent’s own to save money/we can’t afford to live anywhere else.
Well, I think know I’ve said this before: before I moved in, this house was a serious bachelor pad. He was happy with the way things were in there, good enough for a man and his dog. But M.E. has been pretty supportive lenient with my cleaning/decorating various parts of the house; although, in my opinion we’ve still got a LONG way to go.
I’ve got lists upon lists of what I would like to get done…
List #1 – the ASAP NEEDS TO GET DONE YESTERDAY List
  • Roof (serious leaks and creatures living up in there… it can be terrifying sometimes, I’m not joking)
  • Downstairs bathroom (because we are too embarrassed to let anyone in there)
  • Stairs (the house is a townhome on stilts and the outside wooden stairs need to be replaced before one of us falls through)
  • Clean out “carport”/under the house – aka haul away all the crap

List #2 – the Make-things-more-aesthetically-pleasing List
  • Paint the exterior (I've been watching too many episodes of HGTV's Curb Appeal)
  • Wood/laminate flooring in the living/dining area
  • Re-paint the kitchen cabinets (for the 2nd time, the 1st time I surprised M.E. when he was out of town… his first taste of my decorating invasion... But it wasn't perfect so I'm gonna do it again!)
  • Paint the living/dining area from tan to a light gray (because according to Pintereset, gray is the new tan for walls)
And my newest decorating obsession idea – whitewash the fireplace. I thought I had gotten permission from M.E. when I asked if we could have a white fireplace like our interior designer friend, Laura Bryant Designs, and he said “sure.” After talking about it a little more he realized I meant our fireplace current in our house (what other fireplace would I be speaking of?!) and he totally nixed the idea and crushed my dream. Plan B is just to stain the mantel to match our dark furniture.

I’m still holding out hope though… Maybe some pictures will convince him…

Our home now

Our fireplace to be?!

 post signature

1 comment:

  1. Those are some serious tasks to tackle! Good luck to you girl. Gonna blog and show us the progress along the way?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...