Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Makeup & hairspray & eyelashes oh my!

Hello bloggies! I am really trying hard here to think of posts that are not wedding related... its harder than you may think! So forgive me, but I am just too flippin excited to marry the love of my life that I can't think of anything else! 
Anyway, with engagement pictures coming up I've been thinking a lot about what I will wear/how I will do my hair/make up.
I’ve always been a fan of makeup but mom had rules: no foundation until 14, and no eyeliner until I was out of the house… Granted I would totally sneak and borrow my girlfriends’ sparkly eye shadows and things in middle and high school… But when it was officially my turn to wear the “grown up” make up, Mom taught me the right way to wear it – thanks Mom for teaching me how to look like a nice young lady and not a hooker.
Anyway, Ulta recently opened up like 10 minutes from the house. ::que angel voices:: Walking in there makes me a happy bean and walking out makes me a broke bean…
Since Ulta’s Grand Opening I have bought tons of new products for my hair, skincare & makeup. And I needed them all.

Face wipes from Yes to Blueberries, they smell so good!!


Face lotion, because I read you're supposed to start serious skincare in your 20s to prevent wrinkles later in life! Oy vey.

Blow Pro Heat Is On - to protect my hair from the blowdry/straightener/curling wand. But it smells good and is a great detangler!

Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo, for days when I just don't wanna wash my hair but I also don't want to look like a homeless person...

NYX Pearl Mania, love the metalic shiny eyeshadow - but a little goes a LONG way!

Maybe she's born with it, maybe its Maybeline! I have 2 of these in the Peach and Plum, love the little bit of color is gives, no taste but smells good, and makes your lips super soft.

I haven't acutally used this NYX setting spray yet, supposedly it'll keep your makeup looking awesome all day.. Bought it for our engagement pics so I'll let you know how it works out!
Haven't used these eyelashes yet either... I really hate applying eyelashes - but they look so good in pictures!


Do you have any beauty products you use everyday or save for fancy nights out??

post signature

2 comments:

  1. baby lips are ahhhhh-mazing! i only have two, but i want them all!!
    and ulta is my weakness too, i walk in there and instantly want everything in sight. something i would recommend splurging on is a naked palette from urban decay (the first or the second one, both are great!) they're the perfect array of neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to go in there sooo bad, and I just haven't made it yet! I've heard it's amazing though. Maybe I need to make that a priority this weekend?! Yes, sounds like a good plan to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...