Friday, October 18, 2013

8 Things Every Happy Woman Should Have



Oh hi, it’s me. I haven’t blogged in a week. It’s been crazy at work and at home and well, blog, you were put on the back burner. But I’m back and I’m here to talk about this article (that Erin also wrote about). 8 things every happy woman should have, cause it’s the simple things really. Yeah yeah big picture is most important but as women we like details details! 

1. A go-to drink… Depends on the time of day! Morning, a Caramel Macchiato; Lunch, a diet coke; Evening, Pinot Nior or Chardonnay... although I read an article the other day how you shouldn’t buy Pinot Nior that is under $15... soooo... my newest go-to red (as of last night) are Red Blends

2. A go-to Karaoke song.  Well I can’t remember the last time I Karaoke’d... I’m thinking for my bachelorette party we will most likely find a Karaoke bar and I will most likely drag my bridesmaids on stage with me to sing La La by Ashley Simpson.

3. A uniform.  These day’s I’m all about the tank top with a cardigan... and waiting for the skinny jeans and boots weather. In the summer I’m all about flowy dresses... but not too flowy... I can’t stand being Marilyn Monroe’d with the slightest breeze.

4. A hair stylist they love.  I love my hair (yeah I’m pretty proud of it) but I hate getting it done. I hate sitting in that chair wasting hours of my life, not to mention all of the $$! But I’ve found one lady recently (through Groupon believe it or not) and she’s been decent. I’m just not a hair-did, nails-did type of girl! Although I may become one once this Blow Dry Bar down the street opens....

5. An exercise routine.  HA! Does garage sale-ing count? You know, wake up at the crack of dawn to walk around the neighborhood?

6. A hobby.  Right now I will say wedding planning... a yearlong hobby... even if its not always a hobby I enjoy (stressful much?!) But what I really look forward to is going home after work, getting kisses from M.E. and Bo dog, making dinner and watching our shows on the couch.

7. A best friend.  M.E. is my best friend. I’m so cliché. And my three bridesmaids are my best friends too, Sarah, Meghann & Lori. And my mama.

8. A healthy sense of self.  This one is hard... Some days I feel confident in who I am and some days I just don’t like me. That’s the curse of being a woman though, I guess. I wish I had more money, I wish I were skinnier, I wish I were less sensitive, I wish I were more organized, I wish I were more patient. Although I really do enjoy spending time by myself. I like just meandering around the mall by myself or sitting at home and painting my toes. I know I must being doing something right because I have a wonderful man that wants to marry me and a family and friends that support & love me.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...