To me, cooler weather not only means cute boots & scarves, it means pie. Lots of pie. Last year I made the most dang-amazing S'mores Pie. So here's another take on that, but with a pumpkiny twist:
- Graham cracker crust (I suppose you could make your own... but the store bought kind works great)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows (did you know its mAllows not mEllows?)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice (in the spice section there really is such a thing - but just cinnamon would work too)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, melt over medium heat pumpkin puree, marshmallows, & pumpkin spice (until the marshmallows are completely melted and its all smooth - careful not to let it burn!) Then put it in the fridge and let it cool for about an hour.
- While the pumpkin mixture is cooling, melt the chocolate chips & 1/3 cup of heavy cream in the microwave (heat it for about 15 secs a time, constantly stirring) Pour the chocolate mixture (called ganache) into the bottom of the pie crust & let cool in the fridge.
- Once the pumpkin mixture is cool, mix it up real good so its slightly fluffy. Using a mixer, whip the 1 cup of heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks (whipped cream!). Then gently fold the cream into the pumpkin mixture - don't over mix it, just gently blend it together.
- Spoon the pie filling into the pie crust on top of the chocolate ganache and let it set for a couple of hours.
Viola! All done! You could get really creative, like make a jack-o-lantern face with chocolate chips or put another layer of ganache on top of the pumpkin filling... Or you could just eat it for breakfast like I did.